Patient feedback, enquiries and complaints

Patient enquiries or complaints about primary care services

NHS England is now responsible for commissioning (buying) primary care services, these are the services provided by GP Practices, opticians, dentists and pharmacists. 

If a patient has an enquiry or a complaint in relation to one of these services they can either direct this to the provider of the service (i.e. via their GP Practice Manager), or the commissioner of the service (which in this case is NHS England).

Many patients choose to seek local resolution directly with the service provider, this can often be quicker and less formal.  

If a patient chooses to direct their enquiry or complaint to NHS England (the commissioner), the NHS England Contact Centre can be contacted on: 0300 311 2233 (8am to 6pm Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays):

PALS and complaints services of our main providers

  • Details of the Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust PALS service can be found here and details of their Complaints service can be found here 
  • Details of the Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust's PALS and Complaints service can be found here.

Independent Complaints Advocacy

Some patients may require help and support to make a complaint.  The Independent Complaints Advocacy (ICA) service provides advice on how to make a complaint. The ICA for Greater Manchester can be contacted on:

Enquiries or complaints regarding NHS Bury CCG

If you are not sure where to direct your enquiry to, or if you should have an enquiry or complaint relating to NHS Bury CCG, please contact the Patient Services Team on:

  • 0161 212 6270 (9am – 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays)
  • By post: Ellen House, Waddington Street, Oldham, OL8 6EE


Top of page